Mental, Physical, Emotional & Spiritual Detox/Chakra Balancing & Alignment Workshop
Welcome to our Wellness Detox, focusing on body, mind and soul. This is a workshop that focuses on ridding yourself, your life and your body from toxins, negative matter, and mental, spiritual and physical illness. You will balance and align your chakras and health. At the end of this workshop, you will feel at peace with yourself, others, and the world, feeling a great sense of connection, ease, and love. You will be able to cope with life and its difficulties, including your reactions to actions, and have an easier time breathing when faced with strife. You will feel less pull towards material and more towards spiritual. You will learn how to, simply, be.
This workshop will take seven consecutive days. The eighth day is optional but recommended for full alignment. This workshop works best when started on a Sunday.
This workshop explains all details in 9 parts:
Introduction – About Chakras, Detox, and How to Read & Follow this Workshop
Chapter 2 – Sacral Chakra
Chapter 3 – Solar Plexus Chakra
Chapter 5 – Throat Chakra
Chapter 6 – Third Eye Chakra
Chapter 8 – Aligning Chakras & Keeping Them Balanced
WHAT ARE CHAKRAS?
Chakras (चक्र), meaning “wheel” in Sanskrit, as well as “circle”, “disk” and “cycle”. There are seven main chakras which align the spine, starting at the base of the spin to the crown of the head. To visualize a chakra in the body, imagine a swirling wheel of energy where matter and consciousness meet. This invisible energy, called Prana, is our life force. These swirling wheels of energy correspond to major organs and massive nerve centers in our body, as well as our psychological, emotional and spiritual states of being. The Chakras were written in scriptures dating to the 6th century BCE. It wasn’t until 1927 that the ideas of Chakras were brought over to the Western world. Western Chakra practices are closely linked to yoga practices.
THE SEVEN MAIN CHAKRAS:
1. Root Chakra
2. Sacral Chakra
3. Solar Plexus Chakra
4. Heart Chakra
5. Throat Chakra
6. Third Eye Chakra
7. Crown Chakra
WHAT IS A DETOX?
A detox is defined as a process or period of time in which one abstains from or rids the body of toxic or unhealthy substances. There are many forms of detoxing. The most well-known is a food detox in which one fasts, or drinks only natural juice or water with lemon. Usually they eliminate alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and refined fats during this time. This is a physical detox. There are also emotional, mental and spiritual detoxes. These involve refraining from certain overloading situations, and refraining from activities like TV, computer, and cell phones. We suggest you eliminate and refrain from these items, objects, situations, and activities for optimal results. You can eat whole foods, and should, during this workshop, but you should be eating healthy, fresh foods, preferably nothing prepackaged. Since this is a detox associated with the Hindu religion, it is suggested you refrain from eating any foods made from cow as this is a holy animal. If you are used to eating a lot of meat in your daily life and other animal products, it is suggested you try to eat as little animal products and by-products, and focus on plant-based eating. You should be drinking a lot of water. Real fruit and vegetable juices are allowed, as well as fresh nut juices and natural teas/herbal teas (without milk or sugar). You may also want to minimize or eliminate the use of chemical-based household cleaners and personal health care products, like shampoos, deodorants, and toothpastes, and opt for natural alternatives.
More detoxing tips:
1. Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
2. Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
3. Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
4. Drink at least two quarts of water a day.
5. Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
8. Sweat through exercise so your body can eliminate wastes through perspiration.
In yoga, meditation, and Ayurveda, this term refers to wheels of energy throughout the body. There are seven main chakras, which align the spine, starting from the base of the spine through to the crown of the head. To visualize a chakra in the body, imagine a swirling wheel of energy where matter and consciousness meet. This invisible energy, called Prana, is vital life force, which keeps us vibrant, healthy, and alive.
HOW TO USE THIS WORKSHOP:
♥Each Chakra workshop has 5 components that are tailored specifically for each chakra:
1. Food: Since this is a detox, you will be eating healthy foods. You will not be starving yourself or taking in only liquids.
2. Affirmations: Affirmations are powerful statements helping us reach our fullest potential and bringing our consciousness into our beliefs, needs and wants.
3. Exercise, Yoga & Stretches: In conjunction with food, exercise is important to all health (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual).
4. Meditation: This is when you will consciously explore your chakra, activating, opening, balancing them to they can align. You will be using Mantras during this process.
5. Journaling: You will record your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual states before and after each chakra journey. Note things you would like to change relating to this chakra.
♥Below will be a list of things you need. Don’t stress if you do not have them. Be creative and work with what you can.
1. A notebook (or paper) and writing utensils.
2. Appropriate food (as described in the next seven chapters)
3. Appropriate color wear (as described in the next seven chapters): If you do not have clothes in the colors mentioned in each chapter, wear black, gray, beige or brown clothing with the accessories in the mentioned color. Accessories & clothing choices should not be uncomfortable or worn out of vanity. Remember, this is a detox so you should be wearing as little as possible and you don’t want to give much thought into fashion, culture, etc.
4. Yoga mat or any surface for yoga poses, stretches and other exercise
♥It is preferred that you do not partake in drugs (including alcohol) or sex to truly activate yourself.
♥You can follow your daily routine, making time for special chakra activities. If you are busy, the best time to do these activities are when you are most at peace. You should be spending less time on your phone, computer, TV, etc, to connect with yourself and the world on a more spiritual level.
For optimal results:
1. Your day should start with your Chakra Affirmation before breakfast but after a glass of water.
2. Your breakfast should be the most important, fulling meal of the day. Prepare the night before if you must.
3. Journal: Is your Chakra balanced, over-active or under-active? What are some things you would like to change, mentally/emotionally, physically or spiritually about this chakra? And any other thoughts, fears, both positives and negatives.
4. Chakra Meditation
5. Chakra Workout
6. Chakra Yoga
7. Journal your experience
8. Chakra Affirmation again before bed
♥You should be drinking at least eight glasses of water per day.
Each chapter will have the same outline as below, which specific information for each chakra.
COLORS FOR CHAKRAS: Each chakra has a related color. Wearing, eating, visualizing, coloring, etc with this specified color is part of the healing process. You do not want to mix colors, creating clash and chaos inside your mind.
SCENTS FOR CHAKRAS: Essential oils and incense work great for chakra activation. Smell is the first of your five senses to be acivated. It brings back memories from past lives and ancestors. They are not necessary. Do not use man-made fragrances if you do not have essential oils, incense, or fragrant herbs.
CRYSTALS & STONES FOR CHAKRAS: Crystals and stones relate to specific chakras and work great during meditation and wearing during the workshop. They are not necessary. Only use one or two crystals/stones per chakra or else you can overload yourself with energy.
AFFIRMATIONS FOR CHAKRAS: You do not need to memorize each affirmation but it is important you say these twice a day. You can choose the short or long version, or you can say the short version in the beginning and the long version at night, etc.
EATING FOR CHAKRAS: Eating specifically for each chakra is optional but recommended for optimal results. What is not optional is eating HEALTHY foods for this detox. You cannot open a chakra while eating sugary, salty, fatty, prepackaged foods. Foods should be as fresh as possible, and preferably not prepackaged. It is suggested you go food shopping for fresh foods the day before you start this workshop. Since this is not realistic for some people, work with what you can. You should not starve yourself either.
♥Below will be a list of foods you need. Don’t stress if you do not have them. Be creative and work with what you can. You can read further into the chapters to get more complete, detailed lists for each chapter.
1. Plant protein – tofu/meat alternatives, beans/legumes, grains, nuts/seeds
2. Leafy greens – both dark and light
3. Fruit and veggies – when shopping for fruits and veggies, think colors. Think chakra colors – red (strawberries), orange (tangerines), yellow (corn), green (spinach), blue (blueberries), purple (eggplant). Think roots for your chakra diet (carrots, beets)
4. No juices, coffee, soda, smoothies, etc. Any juices should preferably be homemade and made from 100% fresh squeezed juice. Coconut water is good. Water with lemon is preferred. Teas and herbal teas are good but only without milk, sugar or cream.
5. Spices & herbs – turmeric, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, chamomile, mint, etc
6. Choose plant milks over cow milk (coconut, almond, rice, etc). There are even plant yogurts on the market.
7. You will want to be choosing fresh over prepackaged but things like fresh hummus, whole grain chips, air-popped popcorn, and canned beans are a good choice.
8. Dried fruits, nuts and seeds should not have any additives such as salt or sugar.
MEDITATION FOR CHAKRAS: This is the most important part of the Chakra workshop. This is where you find your specified chakra, where you activate, open, and balance your chakra. This is not optional. Here you will need a yoga mat or somewhere comfortable but firm that you can sit. Candles, stones, essential oils, and incense are recommended but not necessary. It is recommended you put on the music specified for each meditation but, again, not necessary. Meditation works best in a peaceful area where you won’t be interrupted. It shouldn’t be too dark nor too light. Breathing should be steady, focused, filling your stomach, and in through your nose, out through your mouth. You will be repeating mantras, or sounds associated with each chakra, such as the well-known “OM”
EXERCISE FOR CHAKRAS: These exercises are more important for Chakras related to the Physical. Wearing the specified chakra color for these exercises produces optimal results. You can choose what you want to do versus what you don’t.
YOGA FOR CHAKRAS: Each Chakra has yoga moves to best activate your chakras. It is recommended you at least do two of these poses per chakra. If you are new to yoga, try the easier ones. As you become more advanced, redo this workshop and choose the harder ones!
CHAKRA TEST: IMPORTANT! This is short test to show you which chakras are over-active, under-active and open. Take this test as honestly as possible without overthinking questions and answers. Take this test the day or night before you start the Chakra Detox. You will take this test at the end of the workshop also. Do not take during the seven days you partake in the workshop. Chakra Test
Now that you are familiar with chakras, detoxes, how to utilize this workshop, and have taken the Chakra test, let us begin!
ROOT CHAKRA / Muladhara: “root support” / “spiritual grounder” / “survival center”
♥This is the first chakra, modernly associated with the color red, symbolized by the four-petal lotus.
♥Found at the base of the spine, controlling the Will To Live & the Right To Have.
♥Associated with the skeletal structure, teeth, reproductive organs, large intestine, adrenal cortex, kidneys & blood.
♥Movement: Slowest clockwise spin
♥PHYSICAL: This chakra is purely physical, not spiritual.
Optional Quick Activity: Before you read any further, sit on the ground as comfortably as you can, closing your eyes and feeling the mentioned body parts, your blood flowing, the feeling of your adrenaline, run your tongue over your teeth, imagine your kidneys & ovaries. What do these body parts symbolize? What do you feel when you think of them? What do they tell you your root chakra is associated with?
♥This chakra controls the primal, the animal, survival instincts.
♥This encompasses security, courage & resourcefulness.
♥It controls groundedness, pleasure, pain, sexuality & livelihood.
♥It is the manifestation of the physical world.
♥It controls the connection & loyalty to our “tribe.”
♥It activates & stimulates the power of activity.
♥It is your life force, controlling reproduction.
ROOT CHAKRA’S CHALLENGE: Fear
BLOCKED, UNDER-ACTIVE & OVER-ACTIVE ROOT:
♥Physical Symptoms: An unbalanced root chakra can result in weight-loss/gain, over/under-active sex drive, poor immune system, kidney stones, circulatory issues, leg weakness, sciatica, hypertension, impotence, colitis, anemia, fatigue, depression, laziness, back pain, constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
♥Emotional/Mental Symptoms: Insecurity, poor decision making, anxiety, co-dependent, restless, feeling abandoned, unfocused, guilt, resentment, depression, fearfulness, and detachment.
♥Over-active Root Chakra: Anger, annoyance, aggression, greediness, controlling, dependent, unable to accept change, materialistic, impulsive, and over-active sex-drive
♥Under-active Root Chakra: Disconnected, disorganized, lack focus and discipline, afraid, anxious, restless in daily life, lack stamina, have depression, have no boundaries, and have trouble obtaining financial security.
♥Balanced Root Chakra: You feel secure in this world, free of doubts about your place in this life. Daily tasks seem effortless and you have a belief things will work out for you.
STARTING THE ROOT CHAKRA DETOX/OPEN:
Start this day preferably on a Sunday.
For optimal results:
1. Your day should start with your Root Chakra Affirmation before breakfast but after a glass of water.
2. Your breakfast should be the most important, fulling meal of the day. Prepare the night before if you must. Your root chakra cannot open if you do not have a satisfying, healthy breakfast, since this is the root of your day. Do not have too much sugar and stick to complex carbs.
3. Journal: Is your Root Chakra balanced, over-active or under-active? What are some things you would like to change, mentally/emotionally, physically or spiritually about this chakra? And any other thoughts, fears, both positives and negatives.
4. Root Chakra Meditation
5. Root Chakra Workout
6. Root Chakra Yoga
7. Journal your experience
8. Root Chakra Affirmation again before bed
COLORS FOR THE ROOT CHAKRA:
Today you should be wearing red, the color of blood, survival, primal energy. If you do not have an entirely red wardrobe, limit the color you are wearing to black, grey, beige or brown and accessorize with red. You should be eating mostly red foods, roots, and foods high in protein and iron. Red items, such as candles, are a plus. You can journal in red pen. Don’t stress too much if you do not have many of these items on hand–this workshop is not about buying, materialism or worry. Anything red will do.
SCENTS FOR THE ROOT CHAKRA:
Smell is the sense associated with the Root Chakra. It is highly recommended that you incorporate scent into your meditations for this Chakra.
Essential oils: Clove, carrot seed, cypress, ginger, ylang ylang, juniper, vetiver, sandalwood, cinnamon, angelica, cedarwood, rosemary, black pepper
Incense: Sage, cedar, benzoin
CRYSTALS & STONES FOR THE ROOT CHAKRA:
Azurite, Bloodstone, Chrysocolla, Obsidian, Golden Yellow Topaz, Black Tourmaline, Carnelian, Citrine, Red Jasper, Smokey Quartz, Ruby, Tiger’s Eye, Garnet, Coral
AFFIRMATION FOR THE ROOT CHAKRA:
I am safe in the world around me. I belong in this world, and am a part of Gaia. I am at peace with my surroundings, with the people and the events that occur
I feel deeply rooted.
I am connected to my body.
I feel safe and secure.
Just like a tree or a star, I have a right to be here.
I stand for my values, for truth, and for justice.
I have what I need.
I am grounded, stable, and standing on my own two feet.
I nurture my body with healthy food, clean water, exercise, relaxation, and connection with nature.
I am open to possibilities.
I am grateful for all the challenges that helped me to grow and transform.
I trust in the goodness of life.
I make choice that are healthy and good for me.
I trust myself.
I love life.
EATING FOR THE ROOT CHAKRA:
You should be focusing on red foods, roots, and foods high in protein and iron.
Red Foods: Strawberries, raspberries, cherries, red peppers, tomatoes, kidney beans, red cabbage, red apples, etc.
Roots: Potatoes, yams, ginger, carrots, beets, radishes, etc.
Iron: Beans (kidney beans especially because they are related to kidneys), dark leafy greens, dried fruits
Protein: Beans, lentils, nuts, seeds
Herbs: Dong quai, echinacea root, ginger root, clover, goldenseal
Food Ideas: Red peppers stuffed with kidney beans, tomato and spices. Baked potato with red salt, cayenne. Cashew butter and red apple slices. Healthy chili – Just washed beans, no-sugar-added tomato sauce, canned tomatoes (with jalapenos), onion, ginger, chili spices, cacao powder (or chocolate)
This is where you consciously are activating, opening & balancing your root chakra. You are setting your Chakras up for alignment. Alignment does not happen until the last Chakra activation, opening and balancing. This meditation is ESSENTIAL to this workshop.
Wear red. It is suggested you wear moderately tight clothes. It should not be TOO tight that they will be uncomfortable but it is not recommended that you wear loose clothes because this gets in the way both physically and spiritually.
Sit comfortably. Cross-legged isn’t always the most comfortable position so do what works for you. Dim the lights or draw the curtains just so. The room can be silent or you can put on one of the four sound videos found below. The last link pronounces “LAM” for you.
JUST MUSIC – NO TALKING OR GUIDANCE *RECOMMENDED to listen to during meditation*
GUIDED CHAKRA MEDITATION